Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <email@example.com>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes-1.6.0.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes-1.6.0.txt
index 614a3be..e524d80 100644
@@ -142,6 +142,10 @@
* git-archive uses the zlib default compression level when creating
+* git-archive's command line options --exec and --remote can take their
+ parameters as separate command line arguments, similar to other commands.
+ IOW, both "--exec=path" and "--exec path" are now supported.
* With -v option, git-branch describes the remote tracking statistics
similar to the way git-checkout reports by how many commits your branch
@@ -161,10 +165,16 @@
* git-clone can clone from a remote whose URL would be rewritten by
configuration stored in $HOME/.gitconfig now.
+* "git-clone --mirror" is a handy way to set up a bare mirror repository.
* git-cvsserver learned to respond to "cvs co -c".
* git-diff --check now checks leftover merge conflict markers.
+* "git-diff -p" learned to grab a better hunk header lines in
+ Pascal/Delphi and Ruby source files, and also pays attention to
+ chapter and part boundary in TeX documents.
* When remote side used to have branch 'foo' and git-fetch finds that now
it has branch 'foo/bar', it refuses to lose the existing remote tracking
branch and its reflog. The error message has been improved to suggest
@@ -176,6 +186,10 @@
* fast-import and fast-export learned to export and import gitlinks.
+* "gitk" left background process behind after begin asked to dig very deep
+ history and the user killed the UI; the process is killed when the UI goes
+ away now.
* git-rebase records the original tip of branch in ORIG_HEAD before it is
@@ -234,6 +248,6 @@
echo O=$(git describe refs/heads/master)
git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint