fbdev fixes and updates for kernel 6.0-rc3
- Revert the changes for fbcon console when vc_resize() fails [Shigeru Yoshida]
- Avoid a potential divide by zero error in fb_pm2fb [Letu Ren]
- Add missing pci_disable_device() in chipsfb_pci_init() [Yang Yingliang]
- Fix tests for platform_get_irq() failure in omapfb [Yu Zhe]
- Destroy mutex on freeing struct fb_info in fbsysfs [Shigeru Yoshida]
- Move fbdev drivers from strlcpy to strscpy [Wolfram Sang]
- Indenting fixes, comment fixes, ... [Jiapeng Chong & Jilin Yuan]
fbdev: fbcon: Properly revert changes when vc_resize() failed
fbcon_do_set_font() calls vc_resize() when font size is changed.
However, if if vc_resize() failed, current implementation doesn't
revert changes for font size, and this causes inconsistent state.
syzbot reported unable to handle page fault due to this issue .
syzbot's repro uses fault injection which cause failure for memory
allocation, so vc_resize() failed.
This patch fixes this issue by properly revert changes for font
related date when vc_resize() failed.
Link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=3443d3a1fa6d964dd7310a0cb1696d165a3e07c4 
Signed-off-by: Shigeru Yoshida <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Signed-off-by: Helge Deller <email@example.com>
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org # 5.15+
1 file changed