Merge branch 'broadcom-iproc'
Arun Parameswaran says:
Add support for Broadcom's iProc MDIO and Cygnus Ethernet PHY
This patchset adds support for the iProc MDIO interface and the
Broadcom Cygnus SoC's internal Ethernet PHY.
The internal Ethernet PHY(s) in the Cygnus SoC's are accessed
via the MDIO interface found in most of the iProc based chips.
The patch also consolidates the common API's used by the
Broadcom phys to a common library. Existing Broadcom phy
drivers have been modified to use the common library API's.
This patch series is based on Linux v4.3-rc1 and is avaliable in:
The Ethernet driver for the iProc family will be submitted soon,
as will the device tree configurations for the different iProc
Changes from v2:
- Modified drivers/net/phy/Kconfig to modify the BCM_CYGNUS_PHY
driver to 'depends on MDIO_BCM_IPROC' instead of 'select'.
- Added github branch to the cover letter
Changes from v1:
- Updated device tree documentation for the iProc MDIO driver
based on Florian's feedback.
- Moved the core register defines from the Cygnus PHY driver to
'include/linux/brcmphy.h' based on Florian's feedback.
- Created a new patch/commit to modify the bcm7xxx phy driver
to use the new core register defines.
- Modified the Kconfig entry for the Broadcom PHY library to
'tristate' instead of 'bool'
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>