autofs: update fs/autofs4/Kconfig
Update Kconfig and add a depricated warning.
[firstname.lastname@example.org: make autofs4 Kconfig depend on AUTOFS_FS]
Signed-off-by: Ian Kent <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Randy Dunlap <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
diff --git a/fs/autofs4/Kconfig b/fs/autofs4/Kconfig
index 44727bf..53bc592 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
- tristate "Kernel automounter version 4 support (also supports v3)"
+ tristate "Kernel automounter version 4 support (also supports v3 and v5)"
+ default n
The automounter is a tool to automatically mount remote file systems
on demand. This implementation is partially kernel-based to reduce
@@ -7,14 +8,25 @@
automounter (amd), which is a pure user space daemon.
To use the automounter you need the user-space tools from
- <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/autofs/v4/>; you also
- want to answer Y to "NFS file system support", below.
+ <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/autofs/>; you also want
+ to answer Y to "NFS file system support", below.
- To compile this support as a module, choose M here: the module will be
- called autofs4. You will need to add "alias autofs autofs4" to your
- modules configuration file.
+ This module is in the process of being renamed from autofs4 to
+ autofs. Since autofs is now the only module that provides the
+ autofs file system the module is not version 4 specific.
- If you are not a part of a fairly large, distributed network or
- don't have a laptop which needs to dynamically reconfigure to the
- local network, you probably do not need an automounter, and can say
- N here.
+ The autofs4 module is now built from the source located in
+ fs/autofs. The autofs4 directory and its configuration entry
+ will be removed two kernel versions from the inclusion of this
+ Changes that will need to be made should be limited to:
+ - source include statments should be changed from autofs_fs4.h to
+ autofs_fs.h since these two header files have been merged.
+ - user space scripts that manually load autofs4.ko should be
+ changed to load autofs.ko. But since the module directory name
+ and the module name are the same as the file system name there
+ is no need to manually load module.
+ - any "alias autofs autofs4" will need to be removed.
+ Please configure AUTOFS_FS instead of AUTOFS4_FS from now on.