ACPI and power management fixes for 3.15-rc6
- ACPICA fix for a stale pointer access introduced by a recent
commit in the XSDT validation code from Lv Zheng.
- ACPICA fix for the default value of the command line switch
to favor 32-bit FADT addresses (in case there's a conflict
between a 64-bit and a 32-bit address). The previous default
was that the 32-bit version would take precedence and we tried
to change it to the other way around and it didn't work.
From Lv Zheng.
- A TPM commit related to ACPI _DSM in 3.14 caused the driver to
refuse to load if a specific _DSM was missing and that broke
resume from system suspend on Chromebooks that require the TPM
hardware to be restored to a working state during resume by the
OS. Restore the old behavior to load the driver if the _DSM
in question is not present, but prevent it from using the
feature the _DSM is for.
- ACPI AC driver conversion in 3.13 broke thermal management on
at least one machine and has to be reverted. From Guenter Roeck.
- Two reverts of 3.13 commits that attempted to remove the old ACPI
battery interface in /proc, but turned out to break some utilities
still using that interface. From Lan Tianyu.
- ACPI processor driver fix to prevent acpi_processor_add() from
modifying the CPU device's .offline field which leads to breakage
if the initial online of the CPU fails. From Igor Mammedov.
- Two intel_pstate fixes, one to take a BayTrail documentation update
into account and one to avoid forcing the maximum P-state on init
which causes CPU PM trouble on systems with P-states coordination
when one of the CPU cores is initialized after an offline/online
cycle triggered by user space. Both stable candidates, from
- Fix for the ACPI video DMI blacklist entry for Dell Inspiron 7520
from Aaron Lu.
- Two new ACPI video blacklist entries for machines shipping with
Win8 that need to use native backlight so that it can be controlled
in a usual way (which doesn't work otherwise due bugs in the ACPI
tables) from Hans de Goede.
- Two ACPI _OSI quirks for systems that need them to work correctly
with Linux from Edward Lin and Hans de Goede.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge branch 'acpi-video'
ACPI / video: Revert native brightness quirk for ThinkPad T530