Merge tag 'xfs-5.7-merge-12' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux
Pull more xfs updates from Darrick Wong:
"As promised last week, this batch changes how xfs interacts with
memory reclaim; how the log batches and throttles log items; how hard
writes near ENOSPC will try to squeeze more space out of the
filesystem; and hopefully fix the last of the umount hangs after a
- Validate the realtime geometry in the superblock when mounting
- Refactor a bunch of tricky flag handling in the log code
- Flush the CIL more judiciously so that we don't wait until there
are millions of log items consuming a lot of memory.
- Throttle transaction commits to prevent the xfs frontend from
flooding the CIL with too many log items.
- Account metadata buffers correctly for memory reclaim.
- Mark slabs properly for memory reclaim. These should help reclaim
run more effectively when XFS is using a lot of memory.
- Don't write a garbage log record at unmount time if we're trying to
trigger summary counter recalculation at next mount.
- Don't block the AIL on locked dquot/inode buffers; instead trigger
its backoff mechanism to give the lock holder a chance to finish
- Ratelimit writeback flushing when buffered writes encounter ENOSPC.
- Other minor cleanups.
- Make reflink a synchronous operation when the fs is mounted with
wsync or sync, which means that now we force the log to disk to
record the changes"
* tag 'xfs-5.7-merge-12' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux: (26 commits)
xfs: reflink should force the log out if mounted with wsync
xfs: factor out a new xfs_log_force_inode helper
xfs: fix inode number overflow in ifree cluster helper
xfs: remove redundant variable assignment in xfs_symlink()
xfs: ratelimit inode flush on buffered write ENOSPC
xfs: return locked status of inode buffer on xfsaild push
xfs: trylock underlying buffer on dquot flush
xfs: remove unnecessary ternary from xfs_create
xfs: don't write a corrupt unmount record to force summary counter recalc
xfs: factor inode lookup from xfs_ifree_cluster
xfs: tail updates only need to occur when LSN changes
xfs: factor common AIL item deletion code
xfs: correctly acount for reclaimable slabs
xfs: Improve metadata buffer reclaim accountability
xfs: don't allow log IO to be throttled
xfs: Throttle commits on delayed background CIL push
xfs: Lower CIL flush limit for large logs
xfs: remove some stale comments from the log code
xfs: refactor unmount record writing
xfs: merge xlog_commit_record with xlog_write_done