Merge tag 'gpio-v5.7-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio
Pull GPIO updates from Linus Walleij:
"This is the bulk of GPIO development for the v5.7 kernel cycle.
Core and userspace API:
- The userspace API KFIFOs have been imoproved with locks that do not
block interrupts. This makes us better at getting events to
userspace without blocking or disturbing new events arriving in the
same time. This was reviewed by the KFIFO maintainer Stefani. This
is a generic improvement which paves the road for similar
improvements in other subsystems.
- We provide a new ioctl() for monitoring changes in the line
information, such as when multiple clients are taking lines and
giving them back, possibly reconfiguring them in the process: we
can now monitor that and not get stuck with stale static
- An example tool 'gpio-watch' is provided to showcase this
- Timestamps for events are switched to ktime_get_ns() which is
monotonic. We previously had a 'realtime' stamp which could move
forward and *backward* in time, which probably would just cause
silent bugs and weird behaviour. In the long run we see two
relevant timestamps: ktime_get_ns() or the timestamp sometimes
provided by the GPIO hardware itself, if that exists.
- Device Tree overlay support for GPIO hogs. On systems that load
overlays, these overlays can now contain hogs, and will then be
- Handle pin control interaction with nonexisting pin ranges in the
GPIO library core instead of in the individual drivers.
- New driver for the Mellanox BlueField 2 GPIO controller.
- Introduce the BGPIOF_NO_SET_ON_INPUT flag to the generic MMIO GPIO
library and use this flag in the MT7621 driver.
- Texas Instruments OMAP CPU power management improvements, such as
blocking of idle on pending GPIO interrupts"
* tag 'gpio-v5.7-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio: (59 commits)
Revert "gpio: eic-sprd: Use devm_platform_ioremap_resource()"
pinctrl: Unconditionally assign .request()/.free()
gpio: Unconditionally assign .request()/.free()
gpio: export of_pinctrl_get to modules
pinctrl: Define of_pinctrl_get() dummy for !PINCTRL
gpio: Rename variable in core APIs
gpio: Avoid using pin ranges with !PINCTRL
gpiolib: Remove unused gpio_chip parameter from gpio_set_bias()
gpiolib: Pass gpio_desc to gpio_set_config()
gpiolib: Introduce gpiod_set_config()
tools: gpio: Fix out-of-tree build regression
gpio: gpiolib: fix a doc warning
gpio: tegra186: Add Tegra194 pin ranges for GG.0 and GG.1
gpio: tegra186: Add support for pin ranges
gpio: Support GPIO controllers without pin-ranges
ARM: integrator: impd1: Use GPIO_LOOKUP() helper macro
gpio: brcmstb: support gpio-line-names property
tools: gpio: Fix typo in gpio-utils
tools: gpio-hammer: Apply scripts/Lindent and retain good changes
gpiolib: gpio_name_to_desc: factor out !name check