GPIO tree bulk changes for v3.14
A big set this merge window, as we have much going on in
this subsystem. Major changes this time:
- Some core improvements and cleanups to the new GPIO
descriptor API. This seems to be working now so we can
start the exodus to this API, moving gradually away from
the global GPIO numberspace.
- Incremental improvements to the ACPI GPIO core, and move
the few GPIO ACPI clients we have to the GPIO descriptor
API right *now* before we go any further. We actually
managed to contain this *before* we started to litter
the kernel with yet another hackish global numberspace for
the ACPI GPIOs, which is a big win.
- The RFkill GPIO driver and all platforms using it have
been migrated to use the GPIO descriptors rather than
fixed number assignments. Tegra machine has been migrated
as part of this.
- New drivers for MOXA ART, Xtensa GPIO32 and SMSC SCH311x.
Those should be really good examples of how I expect a
nice GPIO driver to look these days.
- Do away with custom GPIO implementations on a major
part of the ARM machines: ks8695, lpc32xx, mv78xx0.
Make a first step towards the same in the horribly
convoluted Samsung S3C include forest. We expect to
continue to clean this up as we move forward.
- Flag GPIO lines used for IRQ on adnp, bcm-kona, em,
intel-mid and lynxpoint.
This makes the GPIOlib core aware that a certain GPIO line
is used for IRQs and can then enforce some semantics such
as disallowing a GPIO line marked as in use for IRQ to be
switched to output mode.
- Drop all use of irq_set_chip_and_handler_name().
The name provided in these cases were just unhelpful
tags like "mux" or "demux".
- Extend the MCP23s08 driver to handle interrupts.
- Minor incremental improvements for rcar, lynxpoint, em
74x164 and msm drivers.
- Some non-urgent bug fixes here and there, duplicate
#includes and that usual kind of cleanups.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
gpio: mcp23s08: fix casting caused build warning
Signed-off-by: SeongJae Park <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 file changed