This is the bulk of GPIO changes for the v3.16 series:
- We are finalizing and fixing up the gpiochip irqchip helpers
bringing a helpful irqchip implementation into the gpiolib
core and avoiding duplicate code and, more importantly,
duplicate bug fixes:
- Support for using the helpers with threaded interrupt
handlers as used on sleeping GPIO-irqchips
- Do not set up hardware triggers for edges or levels if
the default IRQ type is IRQ_TYPE_NONE - some drivers
would exploit the fact that you could get default
initialization of the IRQ type from the core at probe()
but if no default type is set up from the helper, we
should not call the driver to configure anything. Wait
until a consumer requests the interrupt instead.
- Make the irqchip helpers put the GPIO irqs into their
own lock class. The GPIO irqchips can often emit
(harmless, but annoying) lockdep warnings about recursions
when they are in fact just cascaded IRQs. By putting
them into their own lock class we help the lockdep core
to keep track of things.
- Switch the tc3589x GPIO expanders to use the irqchip
- Switch the OMAP GPIO driver to use the irqchip helpers
- Add some documentation for the irqchip helpers
- select IRQ_DOMAIN when using the helpers since some
platforms may not be using this by default and it's a
- Continued GPIO descriptor refactoring:
- Remove the one instance of gpio_to_desc() from the
device tree code, making the OF GPIO code use GPIO
- Introduce gpiod_get_optional() and
gpiod_get_optional_index() akin to the similar
regulator functions for cases where the use of GPIO
is optional and not strictly required.
- Make of_get_named_gpiod_flags() private - we do not
want to unnecessarily expose APIs to drivers that
make the gpiolib harder than necessary to maintain
and refactor. Privatize this function.
- Support "-gpio" suffix for the OF GPIO retrieveal path.
We used to look for "foo-gpios" or just "gpios" in device
tree nodes, but it turns out that some drivers with a
single GPIO line will just state "foo-gpio" (singularis).
Sigh. Support this with a fallback looking for it, as
this simplifies driver code and handles it in core code.
- Switch the ACPI GPIO core to fetch GPIOs with the
*_cansleep function variants as the GPIO operation
region handler can sleep, and shall be able to handle
gpiochips that sleep.
- Tons of cleanups and janitorial work from Jingoo Han,
Axel Lin, Javier Martinez Canillas and Abdoulaye Berthe.
Notably Jingoo cut off a ton of pointless OOM messages.
- Incremental development and fixes for various drivers,
nothing really special here.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
gpio: select IRQ_DOMAIN for gpiolib irqchip helpers
These helpers depend on the IRQ_DOMAIN so select it explicitly,
as it will not be present on all platforms such as Intel
desktops and laptops using Intel-MID.
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 file changed