This is the bulk of GPIO changes for the v4.15 kernel cycle:
- Fix the semantics of raw GPIO to actually be raw. No
inversion semantics as before, but also no open draining,
and allow the raw operations to affect lines used for
interrupts as the caller supposedly knows what they are
doing if they are getting the big hammer.
- Rewrote the __inner_function() notation calls to names that
make more sense. I just find this kind of code disturbing.
- Drop the .irq_base() field from the gpiochip since now all
IRQs are mapped dynamically. This is nice.
- Support for .get_multiple() in the core driver API. This
allows us to read several GPIO lines with a single
register read. This has high value for some usecases: it
can be used to create oscilloscopes and signal analyzers
and other things that rely on reading several lines at
exactly the same instant. Also a generally nice
optimization. This uses the new assign_bit() macro from
the bitops lib that was ACKed by Andrew Morton and
is implemented for two drivers, one of them being the
generic MMIO driver so everyone using that will be able
to benefit from this.
- Do not allow requests of Open Drain and Open Source
setting of a GPIO line simultaneously. If the hardware
actually supports enabling both at the same time the
electrical result would be disastrous.
- A new interrupt chip core helper. This will be helpful
to deal with "banked" GPIOs, which means GPIO controllers
with several logical blocks of GPIO inside them. This
is several gpiochips per device in the device model, in
contrast to the case when there is a 1-to-1 relationship
between a device and a gpiochip.
- Maxim MAX3191x industrial serializer, a very interesting
piece of professional I/O hardware.
- Uniphier GPIO driver. This is the GPIO block from the
recent Socionext (ex Fujitsu and Panasonic) platform.
- Tegra 186 driver. This is based on the new banked GPIO
- Some documentation improvements.
- Wakeup support for the DesignWare DWAPB GPIO controller.
- Reset line support on the DesignWare DWAPB GPIO controller.
- Several non-critical bug fixes and improvements for the
Broadcom BRCMSTB driver.
- Misc non-critical bug fixes like exotic errorpaths, removal
of dead code etc.
- Explicit comments on fall-through switch() statements.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
gpio: tegra186: Remove tegra186_gpio_lock_class
This is no longer required after commit 959bc7b22bd2
("gpio: Automatically add lockdep keys")
Signed-off-by: Axel Lin <email@example.com>
Acked-by: Thierry Reding <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <email@example.com>
1 file changed