This is the bulk of GPIO changes for the v4.21 kernel series:
- Some core changes are already in outside of this pull
request as they came through the regulator tree, most
notably devm_gpiod_unhinge() that removes devres refcount
management from a GPIO descriptor. This is needed in
subsystems such as regulators where the regulator core
need to take over the reference counting and lifecycle
management for a GPIO descriptor.
- We dropped devm_gpiochip_remove() and devm_gpio_chip_match()
as nothing needs it. We can bring it back if need be.
- Add a global TODO so people see where we are going. This
helps setting the direction now that we are two GPIO
- Handle the MMC CD/WP properties in the device tree core.
(The bulk of patches activating this code is already
merged through the MMC/SD tree.)
- Augment gpiochip_request_own_desc() to pass a flag so
we as gpiochips can request lines as active low or open
drain etc even from ourselves.
- New driver for Cadence GPIO blocks.
- New driver for Atmel SAMA5D2 PIOBU GPIO lines.
- A major refactoring of the PCA953x driver - this driver has
been around for ages, and is now modernized to reduce code
duplication that has stacked up and is using regmap to read
write and cache registers.
- Intel drivers are now maintained in a separate tree and
start with a round of cleanups and unifications.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
gpio: sama5d2-piobu: Depend on OF_GPIO
This driver clearly needs OF_GPIO so depend on it.
Fixes a build error.
Cc: Andrei Stefanescu <Andrei.Stefanescu@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 file changed