This is the bulk of GPIO changes for v4.4:
- Define and handle flags for open drain/open collector
and open source/open emitter, also know as "single-ended"
- Generic request/free operations that handle calling out
to the (optional) pin control backend.
- Some refactoring related to an ABI change that did not
happen, yet provide useful.
- Added a real-time compliance checklist. Many GPIO chips
have irqchips, and need to think this over with the RT
patches going upstream.
- Restructure, fix and clean up Kconfig menus a bit.
- New driver for AMD Promony.
- New driver for ACCES 104-IDIO-16, a port-mapped I/O
card, ISA-style. Very retro.
- OMAP changes to handle real time requirements.
- Handle trigger types for edge and level IRQs on PL061
properly. As this hardware is very common it needs to
set a proper example for others to follow.
- Some container_of() cleanups.
- Delete the unused MSM driver in favor of the driver that
is embedded inside the pin control driver.
- Cleanup of the ath79 GPIO driver used by many, many
OpenWRT router targets.
- A consolidated IT87xx driver replacing the earlier
very specific IT8761e driver.
- Handle the TI TCA9539 in the PCA953x driver. Also
handle ACPI devices in this subdriver.
- Drop xilinx arch dependencies as these FPGAs seem to
profilate over a few different architectures. MIPS and
ARM come to mind.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
gpio: fix up SPI submenu
- Relax dependencies on SPI_MASTER for drivers in the SPI menu
that already has this dependency.
- Move out the expander that would be hidden for I2C access if
SPI_MASTER was not selected. Tentatively create a separate
menu for this.
- Move the ZX SoC driver to memory-mapped drivers, this must be
a mistake and only worked because the system has an SPI master
enabled at the same time.
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 file changed