This is the bulk of the GPIO changes for the v5.11 kernel cycle:
- Retired the old set-up function for GPIO IRQ chips. All chips
now use the template struct gpio_irq_chip and pass that to the core
to be set up alongside the gpio_chip. We can finally get rid of
the old cruft.
- Some refactoring and clean up of the core code.
- Support edge event timestamps to be stamped using REALTIME
(wall clock) timestamps. We have found solid use cases for
this, so we support it.
- MStar MSC313 GPIO driver.
- HiSilicon GPIO driver.
- The PCA953x driver now also supports the NXP PCAL9554B/C chips.
- The mockup driver can now be probed from the device tree which
is pretty useful for virtual prototyping of devices.
- The Rcar driver now supports .get_multiple()
- The MXC driver dropped some legacy and became a pure device
- The Exar driver was moved over to the IDA interface for
enumerating, and also switched over to using regmap for
MAINTAINERS: Remove reference to non-existing file
GPIO HiSilicon driver doesn't provide any platform data header.
Fixes: a8f25236e6e3 ("MAINTAINERS: Add maintainer for HiSilicon GPIO driver")
Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <email@example.com>
1 file changed