Merge tag 'io_uring-5.12-2021-03-05' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Pull io_uring fixes from Jens Axboe:
"A bit of a mix between fallout from the worker change, cleanups and
reductions now possible from that change, and fixes in general. In
- Fully serialize manager and worker creation, fixing races due to
- Clean up some naming that had gone stale.
- SQPOLL fixes.
- Fix race condition around task_work rework that went into this
- Implement unshare. Used for when the original task does unshare(2)
or setuid/seteuid and friends, drops the original workers and forks
- Drop the only remaining piece of state shuffling we had left, which
was cred. Move it into issue instead, and we can drop all of that
- Kill f_op->flush() usage. That was such a nasty hack that we had
out of necessity, we no longer need it.
- Following from ->flush() removal, we can also drop various bits of
ctx state related to SQPOLL and cancelations.
- Fix an issue with IOPOLL retry, which originally was fallout from a
filemap change (removing iov_iter_revert()), but uncovered an issue
with iovec re-import too late.
- Fix an issue with system suspend.
- Use xchg() for fallback work, instead of cmpxchg().
- Properly destroy io-wq on exec.
- Add create_io_thread() core helper, and use that in io-wq and
io_uring. This allows us to remove various silly completion events
related to thread setup.
- A few error handling fixes.
This should be the grunt of fixes necessary for the new workers, next
week should be quieter. We've got a pending series from Pavel on
cancelations, and how tasks and rings are indexed. Outside of that,
should just be minor fixes. Even with these fixes, we're still killing
a net ~80 lines"
* tag 'io_uring-5.12-2021-03-05' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block: (41 commits)
io_uring: don't restrict issue_flags for io_openat
io_uring: make SQPOLL thread parking saner
io-wq: kill hashed waitqueue before manager exits
io_uring: clear IOCB_WAITQ for non -EIOCBQUEUED return
io_uring: don't keep looping for more events if we can't flush overflow
io_uring: move to using create_io_thread()
kernel: provide create_io_thread() helper
io_uring: reliably cancel linked timeouts
io_uring: cancel-match based on flags
io-wq: ensure all pending work is canceled on exit
io_uring: ensure that threads freeze on suspend
io_uring: remove extra in_idle wake up
io_uring: inline __io_queue_async_work()
io_uring: inline io_req_clean_work()
io_uring: choose right tctx->io_wq for try cancel
io_uring: fix -EAGAIN retry with IOPOLL
io-wq: fix error path leak of buffered write hash map
io_uring: remove sqo_task
io_uring: kill sqo_dead and sqo submission halting
io_uring: ignore double poll add on the same waitqueue head