Merge tag 'pm+acpi-3.17-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm
Pull ACPI and power management updates from Rafael Wysocki:
"Again, ACPICA leads the pack (47 commits), followed by cpufreq (18
commits) and system suspend/hibernation (9 commits).
From the new code perspective, the ACPICA update brings ACPI 5.1 to
the table, including a new device configuration object called _DSD
(Device Specific Data) that will hopefully help us to operate device
properties like Device Trees do (at least to some extent) and changes
related to supporting ACPI on ARM.
Apart from that we have hibernation changes making it use radix trees
to store memory bitmaps which should speed up some operations carried
out by it quite significantly. We also have some power management
changes related to suspend-to-idle (the "freeze" sleep state) support
and more preliminary changes needed to support ACPI on ARM (outside of
The rest is fixes and cleanups pretty much everywhere.
- ACPICA update to upstream version 20140724. That includes ACPI 5.1
material (support for the _CCA and _DSD predefined names, changes
related to the DMAR and PCCT tables and ARM support among other
things) and cleanups related to using ACPICA's header files. A
major part of it is related to acpidump and the core code used by
that utility. Changes from Bob Moore, David E Box, Lv Zheng,
Sascha Wildner, Tomasz Nowicki, Hanjun Guo.
- Radix trees for memory bitmaps used by the hibernation core from
- Support for waking up the system from suspend-to-idle (also known
as the "freeze" sleep state) using ACPI-based PCI wakeup signaling
(Rafael J Wysocki).
- Fixes for issues related to ACPI button events (Rafael J Wysocki).
- New device ID for an ACPI-enumerated device included into the
Wildcat Point PCH from Jie Yang.
- ACPI video updates related to backlight handling from Hans de Goede
and Linus Torvalds.
- Preliminary changes needed to support ACPI on ARM from Hanjun Guo
and Graeme Gregory.
- ACPI PNP core cleanups from Arjun Sreedharan and Zhang Rui.
- Cleanups related to ACPI_COMPANION() and ACPI_HANDLE() macros
(Rafael J Wysocki).
- ACPI-based device hotplug cleanups from Wei Yongjun and Rafael J
- Cleanups and improvements related to system suspend from Lan
Tianyu, Randy Dunlap and Rafael J Wysocki.
- ACPI battery cleanup from Wei Yongjun.
- cpufreq core fixes from Viresh Kumar.
- Elimination of a deadband effect from the cpufreq ondemand governor
and intel_pstate driver cleanups from Stratos Karafotis.
- 350MHz CPU support for the powernow-k6 cpufreq driver from Mikulas
- Fix for the imx6 cpufreq driver from Anson Huang.
- cpuidle core and governor cleanups from Daniel Lezcano, Sandeep
Tripathy and Mohammad Merajul Islam Molla.
- Build fix for the big_little cpuidle driver from Sachin Kamat.
- Configuration fix for the Operation Performance Points (OPP)
framework from Mark Brown.
- APM cleanup from Jean Delvare.
- cpupower utility fixes and cleanups from Peter Senna Tschudin,
Andrey Utkin, Himangi Saraogi, Rickard Strandqvist, Thomas
* tag 'pm+acpi-3.17-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm: (118 commits)
ACPI / LPSS: add LPSS device for Wildcat Point PCH
ACPI / PNP: Replace faulty is_hex_digit() by isxdigit()
ACPICA: Update version to 20140724.
ACPICA: ACPI 5.1: Update for PCCT table changes.
ACPICA/ARM: ACPI 5.1: Update for GTDT table changes.
ACPICA/ARM: ACPI 5.1: Update for MADT changes.
ACPICA/ARM: ACPI 5.1: Update for FADT changes.
ACPICA: ACPI 5.1: Support for the _CCA predifined name.
ACPICA: ACPI 5.1: New notify value for System Affinity Update.
ACPICA: ACPI 5.1: Support for the _DSD predefined name.
ACPICA: Debug object: Add current value of Timer() to debug line prefix.
ACPICA: acpihelp: Add UUID support, restructure some existing files.
ACPICA: Utilities: Fix local printf issue.
ACPICA: Tables: Update for DMAR table changes.
ACPICA: Remove some extraneous printf arguments.
ACPICA: Update for comments/formatting. No functional changes.
ACPICA: Disassembler: Add support for the ToUUID opererator (macro).
ACPICA: Remove a redundant cast to acpi_size for ACPI_OFFSET() macro.
ACPICA: Work around an ancient GCC bug.
ACPI / processor: Make it possible to get local x2apic id via _MAT