Merge tag 'gpio-v4.9-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio
Pull GPIO updates from Linus Walleij:
"This is the bulk of GPIO changes for the v4.9 series:
- do away with the last users of the obsolete Kconfig options
ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB and ARCH_WANT_OPTIONAL_GPIOLIB (the latter
always sounded like an item on a wishlist to Santa Claus to me). We
can now select GPIOLIB and be done with it, for all archs. After
some struggle it even work on UM. Not that it has GPIO, but if it
wants to, it can select the library.
- continued efforts to make drivers properly either tristate or bool.
- introduce a warning for drivers assigning default triggers to their
irqchip lines when probed from device tree, so we find and fix
these ambigous drivers. It is agreed that in the OF config path,
the device tree defines trigger characteristics.
- the same warning, mutatis mutandis, for ACPI-probed GPIO irqchips.
- we introduce the ability to mark certain IRQ lines as "unusable" as
they can be taken by BIOS/firmware, unrouted in silicon and
generally nasty if you use them, and such things. This is put to
good use in the STMPE driver and also in the Cherryview pin control
- a new "mockup" virtual GPIO device that can be used for testing.
The plan is to add unit tests under tools/* for exercising this
device and verify that the kernel code paths are working as they
- make memory-mapped I/O-drivers depend on HAS_IOMEM. This was
implicit all the time, but when people started building UM with
allyesconfig or allmodconfig it exploded in their face.
- move some stray bits of device tree and ACPI HW description
callbacks down into their respective implementation silo. These
were causing issues when compiling on !HAS_IOMEM as well, so now
eventually UM compiles the GPIOLIB library if it wants to.
- new driver for the Aspeed GPIO front-end companion to the pin
controller merged through the pin control tree.
- new driver for the LP873x PMIC GPIO portions.
- new driver for Technologic Systems' I2C FPGA GPIO such as TS4900,
TS-7970, TS-7990 and TS-4100.
- new driver for the Broadcom BCM63xx series including BCM6338 and
- new driver for the Intel WhiskeyCove PMIC GPIO.
- new driver for the Allwinner AXP209 PMIC GPIO portions.
- new driver for Diamond Systems 48 line GPIO-MM, another of these
port-mapped I/O expansion cards.
- support the STMicroelectronics STMPE1600 variant in the STMPE
- the STMPE driver now supports rising/falling edge detection
properly for IRQs.
- the PCA954x will now fetch and enable its VCC regulator properly.
- major rework of the PCA953x driver with the goal of eventually
switching it over to use regmap and thus modernize it even more.
- switch the IOP driver to use the generic MMIO GPIO library.
- move the ages old HTC EGPIO (extended GPIO) GPIO expander driver
over to this subsystem from MFD, achieveing some separation of
* tag 'gpio-v4.9-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio: (81 commits)
gpio: add missing static inline
gpio: OF: localize some gpiochip init functions
gpio: acpi: separation of concerns
gpio: OF: separation of concerns
gpio: make memory-mapped drivers depend on HAS_IOMEM
gpio: stmpe: use BIT() macro
gpio: stmpe: forbid unused lines to be mapped as IRQs
mfd/gpio: Move HTC GPIO driver to GPIO subsystem
gpio: MAINTAINERS: Add an entry for GPIO mockup driver
gpio/mockup: add virtual gpio device
gpio: Added zynq specific check for special pins on bank zero
gpio: axp209: Implement get_direction
gpio: aspeed: remove redundant return value check
gpio: loongson1: remove redundant return value check
ARM: omap2: fix missing include
gpio: tc3589x: fix up complaints on unsigned
gpio: tc3589x: add .get_direction() and small cleanup
gpio: f7188x: use gpiochip_get_data instead of container_of
gpio: tps65218: use devm_gpiochip_add_data() for gpio registration
gpio: aspeed: fix return value check in aspeed_gpio_probe()