Merge tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.19-mw0' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux
Pull RISC-V updates from Palmer Dabbelt:
"This contains some major improvements to the RISC-V port, including
the necessary interrupt controller and timer support to actually make
it to userspace. Support for three devices has been added:
- the ISA-mandated timers on RISC-V systems.
- the ISA-mandated first-level interrupt controller on RISC-V
systems, which is handled as part of our core arch code because
it's very small and tightly tied to the ISA.
- SiFive's platform-level interrupt controller, which talks to the
In addition to these new devices, there are a handful of cleanups all
over the RISC-V tree:
- build fixes for various configurations:
* A fix to the vDSO build's makefile so it respects CFLAGS.
* The addition of __lshrti3, a libgcc derived function necessary
for some 32-bit configurations.
* !SMP && PERF_EVENTS
- Cleanups to the arch code to remove the remnants of old versions of
the drivers that were just properly submitted.
* Some dead code from the timer driver, most of which wasn't ever
* Cleanups of some interrupt #defines, which are now local to the
interrupt handling code.
- Fixes to ptrace(), which while not being sufficient to fully make
GDB work are at least sufficient to get simple GDB tasks to work.
- Early printk support via RISC-V's architecturally mandated SBI
- A fix to our early debug trap handler to ensure it's always
These patches have all been through a fairly extensive review process,
but as this enables a whole pile of functionality (ie, userspace) I'm
confident we'll need to submit a few more patches. The only concrete
issues I know about are the sys_riscv_flush_icache patches, but as I
managed to screw those up on Friday I figured it'd be best to let them
bake another week.
This tag boots a Fedora root filesystem on QEMU's master branch for
me, and before this morning's rebase (from 4.18-rc8 to 4.18) it booted
on the HiFive Unleashed.
Thanks to Christoph Hellwig and the other guys at WD for getting the
new drivers in shape!"
* tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.19-mw0' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux:
dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: SiFive Plaform Level Interrupt Controller
dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: RISC-V local interrupt controller
RISC-V: Fix !CONFIG_SMP compilation error
irqchip: add a SiFive PLIC driver
RISC-V: Add the directive for alignment of stvec's value
clocksource: new RISC-V SBI timer driver
RISC-V: implement low-level interrupt handling
RISC-V: add a definition for the SIE SEIE bit
RISC-V: remove INTERRUPT_CAUSE_* defines from asm/irq.h
RISC-V: simplify software interrupt / IPI code
RISC-V: remove timer leftovers
RISC-V: Add early printk support via the SBI console
RISC-V: Don't increment sepc after breakpoint.
RISC-V: implement __lshrti3.
RISC-V: Use KBUILD_CFLAGS instead of KCFLAGS when building the vDSO