Merge branch 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip
Pull x86 fixes from Thomas Gleixner:
"Another set of x86 related updates:
- Fix the long broken x32 version of the IPC user space headers which
was noticed by Arnd Bergman in course of his ongoing y2038 work.
GLIBC seems to have non broken private copies of these headers so
this went unnoticed.
- Two microcode fixlets which address some more fallout from the
recent modifications in that area:
- Unconditionally save the microcode patch, which was only saved
when CPU_HOTPLUG was enabled causing failures in the late
- Make the later loader synchronization finally work under all
circumstances. It was exiting early and causing timeout failures
due to a missing synchronization point.
- Do not use mwait_play_dead() on AMD systems to prevent excessive
power consumption as the CPU cannot go into deep power states from
- Address an annoying sparse warning due to lost type qualifiers of
the vmemmap and vmalloc base address constants.
- Prevent reserving crash kernel region on Xen PV as this leads to
the wrong perception that crash kernels actually work there which
is not the case. Xen PV has its own crash mechanism handled by the
- Add missing TLB cpuid values to the table to make the printout on
certain machines correct.
- Enumerate the new CLDEMOTE instruction
- Fix an incorrect SPDX identifier
- Remove stale macros"
* 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
x86/ipc: Fix x32 version of shmid64_ds and msqid64_ds
x86/setup: Do not reserve a crash kernel region if booted on Xen PV
x86/cpu/intel: Add missing TLB cpuid values
x86/smpboot: Don't use mwait_play_dead() on AMD systems
x86/mm: Make vmemmap and vmalloc base address constants unsigned long
x86/vector: Remove the unused macro FPU_IRQ
x86/vector: Remove the macro VECTOR_OFFSET_START
x86/cpufeatures: Enumerate cldemote instruction
x86/microcode: Do not exit early from __reload_late()
x86/microcode/intel: Save microcode patch unconditionally
x86/jailhouse: Fix incorrect SPDX identifier