- DM multipath locking fixes around m->flags tests and improvements to
bio-based code so that it follows patterns established by
- Request-based DM core improvement to eliminate unnecessary call to
- Add "panic_on_corruption" error handling mode to DM verity target.
- DM bufio fix to to perform buffer cleanup from a workqueue rather
than wait for IO in reclaim context from shrinker.
- DM crypt improvement to optionally avoid async processing via
workqueues for reads and/or writes -- via "no_read_workqueue" and
"no_write_workqueue" features. This more direct IO processing
improves latency and throughput with faster storage. Avoiding
workqueue IO submission for writes (DM_CRYPT_NO_WRITE_WORKQUEUE) is
a requirement for adding zoned block device support to DM crypt.
- Add zoned block device support to DM crypt. Makes use of
DM_CRYPT_NO_WRITE_WORKQUEUE and a new optional feature
(DM_CRYPT_WRITE_INLINE) that allows write completion to wait for
encryption to complete. This allows write ordering to be preserved,
which is needed for zoned block devices.
- Fix DM ebs target's check for REQ_OP_FLUSH.
- Fix DM core's report zones support to not report more zones than
- A few small compiler warning fixes.
- DM dust improvements to return output directly to the user rather
than require they scrape the system log for output.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
dm: don't call report zones for more than the user requested
Don't call report zones for more zones than the user actually requested,
otherwise this can lead to out-of-bounds accesses in the callback
Such a situation can happen if the target's ->report_zones() callback
function returns 0 because we've reached the end of the target and then
restart the report zones on the second target.
We're again calling into ->report_zones() and ultimately into the user
supplied callback function but when we're not subtracting the number of
zones already processed this may lead to out-of-bounds accesses in the
Signed-off-by: Johannes Thumshirn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Damien Le Moal <email@example.com>
Fixes: d41003513e61 ("block: rework zone reporting")
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org # v5.5+
Signed-off-by: Mike Snitzer <email@example.com>
1 file changed