Merge tag 'gpio-v4.21-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio
Pull GPIO updates from Linus Walleij:
"This is the bulk of GPIO changes for the v4.21 kernel series.
- Some core changes are already in outside of this pull request as
they came through the regulator tree, most notably
devm_gpiod_unhinge() that removes devres refcount management from a
GPIO descriptor. This is needed in subsystems such as regulators
where the regulator core need to take over the reference counting
and lifecycle management for a GPIO descriptor.
- We dropped devm_gpiochip_remove() and devm_gpio_chip_match() as
nothing needs it. We can bring it back if need be.
- Add a global TODO so people see where we are going. This helps
setting the direction now that we are two GPIO maintainers.
- Handle the MMC CD/WP properties in the device tree core. (The bulk
of patches activating this code is already merged through the
- Augment gpiochip_request_own_desc() to pass a flag so we as
gpiochips can request lines as active low or open drain etc even
- New driver for Cadence GPIO blocks.
- New driver for Atmel SAMA5D2 PIOBU GPIO lines.
- A major refactoring of the PCA953x driver - this driver has been
around for ages, and is now modernized to reduce code duplication
that has stacked up and is using regmap to read write and cache
- Intel drivers are now maintained in a separate tree and start with
a round of cleanups and unifications"
* tag 'gpio-v4.21-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio: (99 commits)
gpio: sama5d2-piobu: Depend on OF_GPIO
gpio: Add Cadence GPIO driver
dt-bindings: gpio: Add bindings for Cadence GPIO
gpiolib-acpi: remove unused variable 'err', cleans up build warning
gpio: mxs: read pin level directly instead of using .get
gpio: aspeed: remove duplicated statement
gpio: add driver for SAMA5D2 PIOBU pins
dt-bindings: arm: atmel: describe SECUMOD usage as a GPIO controller
gpio/mmc/of: Respect polarity in the device tree
dt-bindings: gpio: rcar: Add r8a774c0 (RZ/G2E) support
memory: omap-gpmc: Get the header of the enum
ARM: omap1: Fix new user of gpiochip_request_own_desc()
gpio: pca953x: Add regmap dependency for PCA953x driver
gpio: raspberrypi-exp: decrease refcount on firmware dt node
gpiolib: Fix return value of gpio_to_desc() stub if !GPIOLIB
gpio: pca953x: Restore registers after suspend/resume cycle
gpio: pca953x: Zap single use of pca953x_read_single()
gpio: pca953x: Zap ad-hoc reg_output cache
gpio: pca953x: Zap ad-hoc reg_direction cache
gpio: pca953x: Perform basic regmap conversion